The following things have happened:
1. I got a new job. At said job I'm paid to mostly twitter and facebook and chat all day -- I'm the marketing director. It's, in a nutshell, amazing. Except for the part where my boss doesn't really talk to me. That part is less than amazing.
2. Eleanor has teeth. She walks and says mama and dada -- correction, she cries Mama and says Dada. She also says Bob. I don't know who this Bob is, but judging from her tone, he's pretty obnoxious. Bob? Bob! Bob! Bob? I kid you not, he's a pest.
3. Our landlord lost her ever loving mind. She wrote us a three page hate letter because, from what I can gather, we didn't hose off the bottom of the house after we mowed?? I'm not sure... I didn't even know that was a thing people did. Anyway, she lost it and then I lost it and then I miiiighhhttt have called over the neighbor just to get him in the middle of it. And there were tears and yelling and a possible unrelated bloody nose that landed someone in the hospital. The details are ugly... let's skip to number 4.
4. We bought a house!!!! WOOOO raddly HOOOOOO!!!! We found a house online and fell in love. Then we went to check it out and fell through the floor. Not literally, but pretty close. It was a disaster. Whoever took the pictures that appeared on the website could make Richard Simmons look like a beef-cake. It was awful. But we didn't give up. We looked at another house and another and another until finally we had looked at all the houses in Pittsburg and settled on the second house we saw. It's adorable. Actually, we're considering it an investment property. We have a master plan to pay it off in 10 years and fix it up a little and then rent it out after we buy our DREAM HOUSE! So I'm calling this one the Doorway Dream House because that's what it is, a doorway to our perfect perfect perfect house.
5. Eleanor's eating everything in site. Bananas, crackers, carrots, random non-food objects (ok, she hasn't actually eaten anything like that yet, but she's freakishly fast at getting stuff to her mouth). However one of her FAVORITE things to eat is pears. This leads us to the best most amazing point of all........
6. The new house has a working pear tree! We have pears. Glorious, juicy, beautiful, delicious PEARS! Eleanor's in heaven and so am I! Technically they're not my pears until on or before November 30, but still... PEARS!
Well, I think you're caught up. Expect this blog to morph into house making / disaster projects / toddler spills and pear recipes. You can probably also expect me to fall off the planet again sometime, but know that I'll be back someday!